So Jessica posted a really cute page with templates, and I couldn't resist showing what happens to me when I use a template - it ends up taking me twice as long as it would to do a normal page! I just can't leave well enough alone. This page took me about 3 hours to finally hammer down, and I'm still not sure I like it (I'm going to take a break from it and maybe I'll like it better later, I'm just a bit bitter now). Why go through all this trouble? Simply because I didn't like one thing about the template - the paper. Stupid me - pick a different template!
The original template (I thought browns were a little drab for a page about tulips) - but still cuter than my page.




5 comments:
First off, I think your page is adorable, in spite of the fact that that day does not hold fond memories for me. I was as sick as I think I've ever been, freezing, and no bathrooms--I'd rather not go there....
On to using templates. What template are you using? I haven't even looked at Scrapper's Guide and their new templates, but I think they are different than the ones I showed Jessica how to use. They are just made up of gray layers and you add your own papers and embellishments. I'll send you some links and links to instructions a little later.
But whatever you did here, I like it!
I also really like your page.
I like your page too. Must be in the genetics - I can't leave a template or pattern alone either - I always thing - it be cuter/better if I just...and that usually gets me in trouble. I tried once to go to that stamping night saying "ok, Jessie works really hard on these cards, I'll just do what she has" yeah didn't work - maybe it is a competive thing - "I can do it better..."
But we aren't a competitive family, Kristi. . . .
not a competitive family? oh really... i never guessed... DENIAL (imagine bruce and his minions in Finding nemo... when marlin said he didn't have a problem) wow i watch too may kid movies...
Post a Comment