A few weeks ago, Morgan's PeeWee coach and my friend asked if I could help make pillowcases for the girls end of season present. I had never made pillow cases but figured how hard can it be. This is how they turned out...(she had another friend with the embroidary machine)

Turns out - pillowcases are super easy - so the next time I was at the fabric store and Kenzie found this fabric that she just wouldn't let go of - I thought "hey I can make her a pillowcase"...
Turns out - pillowcases are super easy - so the next time I was at the fabric store and Kenzie found this fabric that she just wouldn't let go of - I thought "hey I can make her a pillowcase"...
Ok so flash forward a few weeks and Annie gets this brillant idea to start a website for us to show off on - so I've tried all week to make a scrapbook page (my first digital one by the way) just so that I can post it up here and not feel left out. Yeah - it still hasn't happened - my computer keeps crashing. So this morning I'm blog-browsing and see these pillowcase dresses - I think - hmmm - I've made some pillowcases lately - I'm sure I can make a dress too... So two hours later - this is what I had...
front
front
and then she wouldn't look at me...
finally decided to at least smile...(thought it was weird I'd take pictures of her back)
Finally she stands...(like her hair - didn't want to press my luck!)
See look - I can show off too! :O)
oh and Annie - the fabric was suppose to be for your baby gift - I might have enough left...



7 comments:
So cute... There's a girl in our ward that is obsessed with those pillow case dresses (seriously her daughter wears one every day)- but her's aren't nearly as cute... No gather, no ribbon except for the straps - so yours definitely should win a prize. Super cute, and a very cute reluctant model.
Very Cute Kristi!! Now I really need to get something done to show off too!!
This is by far the cutest pillow case dress I have ever seen. Please consider this an order for one for Brooklyn. I will trade you some scrapbook pages!!!
Wait, I just saw that last comment on the blog! That's my diaper pod she's running around in!
Well Annie, she looks dang cute in it so just live with it OK!!
Ok - Nic - I haven't gotten Brooklyn a birthday present yet - so I can make one - it was fun. I do need to know a couple of measurements - around her chest/under her arms where the gathered part will hit and how long she is from the back of her neck to like her knees (that will give me an idea of how long to make it) And Annie - this was the fabric from one of your diaper pods (as you called them) You still have one here and it is already made so I can't turn it into a dress! Actually - I had extra of this owl stuff because it was the end of the bolt and they gave it to me for a discount so I can still make the pod - it'll be funny if Elaine gets this for a hand-me-down and then she'll match the diaper pod! Maybe she can carry it like a clutch and she'll be stylin'!
Super cute!! I've heard of pillow case dresses but didn't think much about them with three boys. But now that I have Heidi I am checking that kind of stuff out a lot more!
Post a Comment