Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Card Making

So, my friend Jessie has a card night about once a month - and I go because I love to hang out with the girls and make something creative. This time, Jessie cut out the paper for us - and started playing with layouts, but didn't actually make any cards because she says she tired of us coming to make "her" cards and leaving with ones that are cuter (I especially have a problem with just following directions - I have to embellish and change - sorry Jessie :o}). So this time, it started off with just 3 of us, and we feed off of each other - and this is what I ended up with. Although once I started adding the tiny bows, I had to make them for Jessie and Tammy - but that worked to my advantage, because they ended up being done before me so I could steal their ideas! Of course, then 2 more showed up, and I loved some of the cards they came up with -but then I was out of paper! So it goes!


I also noticed as I took the picture, that I must have been in a green mood - the green paper reverses to blue (the two florals are different sides of the same paper, too) but I didn't end up with any cards with blue as the main paper! I'm also not sure why I make the cards - I rarely actually send them!

3 comments:

Jan W. said...

They are all really cute! I think the answer to your question of why you make cards when you seldom send them was answered in one of your statements at the beginning of your post---"I love to hang out with the girls and make something creative." No other reason needed!

Mrs.Goates said...

Those are really cute... If I could make cards like that, I might get more interested, but mine always end up the same, flat and boring. The irony here is that I do send out cards - and always end up having to buy them, because I don't have the patience to make them.

Unknown said...

OH Annie, as with scrapbooking the more you do, and see from others or in books the more easy it is to create cards like Kristi's. I often go to those card things too, and enjoy myself. I decided this time however that I have started another hobby that I need to focus on for awhile. I wish I could find time to all of it!! Ah well, I gotta work to support my crazy hobbies. Good thing I get summers "off", I am for sure not working this summer, I have too much to do!!

Oh, Kristi by the way they turned out really cute!!