This took me an hour to do including touching up the pictures. I hope to get fast at this and to figure out how to make the edges a little softer with the black background. That was a fun hour. Now my time is up to play. Kids will be home any minute from school!
6 comments:
Very cute, Wendy! An hour isn't bad! And if you had fun and learned something new, in addition to having an adorable scrapbook page, that hour was well spent!
By the way, you have some might cute subjects to work with! I can't believe how much Heidi has grown. You weren't supposed to let her do that! The dresses are also very cute! Everything is cute, cute, cute! Good job!
Cute - and I don't think I've ever gotten anything done in an hour so I'm impressed... Funny thing is, for as much scrapbooking as I've done, I have no idea how you feathered the edges of the photos! Now I want to look it up. I had wanted to do that for the banner but didn't have enough time to figure it out.
One of the ways to do the feathered edges is to go to "Custom Shape Tool" in the same button as "Rectangular tool" etc. There are a variety of different edges and or shapes to use. Is that how you did it Wendy?
Wait!! I mean "Cookie Cutter"!! not Custom Shape! However, using the cookie cutter is like using the crop tool, so you have to do it on the photo before you add it to your page or you will be cutting through all your layers. And if you want to save your "cut" photo be sure and do a Save As so you don't affect your original. I don't usually save my cut pictures because I have them on the Scrapbook page. So is everything as clear as mud, now? I do what I can!
Way cute!! I definitely am impressed as one reason I am worried about starting this craze is I know it will take me forever to play with to learn the tricks. Oh well, I have enough things eating my time between quilting and all the various other unfinished projects I have going on around here.
I couldn't tell you how I got the picture edges feathered. I don't remember! I need to practice more than once a month!
Post a Comment