Monday, May 25, 2009
Sewing up a Storm
I've felt like sewing lately and have really enjoyed getting back into it. I made a skirt for myself that I really like. I plan on making a couple more of the same style. They are cool and comfortable to wear on hot days!
Heidi's sundress has been sitting in my box of fabric for several years. I've been waiting to have a girl so I could make it for her. I bought the panel at the Daisy Kingdom store in Portland when I went down with Kristi and Jan in 2001 (I think). That store was fun! I wish I could find more Daisy Kingdom fabric, but I read an article about the company going out of business some years ago. :( Anyway, the sundress turned out well. It's pretty big on Heidi which is better than being too small! She'll probably get to wear it next summer too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
So cute! I love the sun dress - especially the little pants. It looks cute now a little big, and I'm sure it will look super cute next year too. I love the skirt, especially the fabric - I remember on my mission, being so glad I was a Sister, because skirts are the way to go in hot weather!
Way to go, Wendy! I tried sewing again last week, and as much as I whined to Annie about it, it was kind of fun and there is so much to be said about homemade stuff...(huh, Scott!)
I love the skirt. And as cute as that sun dress is, the baby in it is such a cutie! She changes so much from one post to another! I so want to squeeze her!
very cute Wendy!
Hi Wendy~
I discovered this blog a little while ago...hope you all don't mind that I check out the things you showed off too.
I like that skirt you made. It looks really cute with that brown shirt.
I just noticed you're wearing flip flops! Ahhhh! It's going between your toes!
What a fun blog! That's fun you made that skirt. I didn't realize you finished it. it's cute.
Post a Comment