Monday, May 11, 2009

Drapes - Check!


Here are the drapes I finished... Kind of. The fabric is sewn- and ironed... I bought the curtain rods - but they didn't have the clips at the store - so I'm still waiting till I can hang them, because I don't want to put the rods up, and never find matching clips... Right now they are hung with pins (probably not the best on them :)

But not bad for one of my first sewing projects... I've learned many things doing this -

1. It's very hard to cut in a straight line,
2. It's very hard to sew material that isn't cut in a straight line,
3. It's very hard to sew in a straight line.
4. It's very hard to iron in a straight line
5. Sewing takes a LOT of ironing, and without an ironing board - that's hard (I know I should get one, but I never think about it until it is too late)
5. Sewing big things is harder than sewing little things

Thanks mom and Kristi for all the help over the phone. Man I wish I had learned to do this stuff when you guys were around!

Luckily drapes are pretty forgiving, so they survived my sewing abilities- just never look to close :)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

um...#6/7 - the number 6 usually comes after the number 5 but I'm ok with your creative counting - I actually didn't notice - LuLu did. They turned out cute - despite the straight line thing. The right tools really make jobs easier - but it has taken me years of 50% off coupons, lots of frustrating projects that forced me to go buy the right tool to complete, and "borrowing" things from mom (love you mom) to get enough tools to do most projects I want to - although I did just buy a pattern for a skirt that needs a special zipper foot. So it never ends.

Unknown said...

They turned out nice Annie. Now I just need to finish the quilt.

Summer said...

Annie you're so funny. I take it you don't like straight lines. hahha
They look good.