For this first one, I followed Lesson 3-Random patterns. I made the bubble overlay, but am considering making a cloud overlay and using that for this layout. I also used one of the papers from the kit, but changed the color to better match Owen's blanket. I also used part of one of the templates, which by the way is not what I think of when I think of templates. I'd actually call these "Layered Quickpages". At any rate I liked the circle photo arrangement and the type around the frames. (I also changed the color of the frames.) I looked for some embellishments, but everything seemed to distract for the pure simple beauty of this sweet baby!
On the next one, I used Lesson 4--Split Photos. I'm not sure this is the best use for this technique, but it was fun to do. Again, I changed colors of the papers and had a hard time adding elements. Cute boys, eh? Suggestions are welcome!
I realized as I was playing with these that one of the reasons I love doing this or any craft, is not so much as a creative outlet—I just don’t consider myself very creative—but as I’m playing around with the pictures my mind and heart are automatically drawn to the people whose pictures I’m working with. It grounds me and gives me an opportunity to refocus. Thanks everyone for giving me plenty of material to play with!



3 comments:
Awesome mom, those pages are very cute.
I really like the pages - and so understand the need to just to something else sometimes. I finally finished sewing a bag I started in Janurary today for the same reason! It is just like the one Wendy made for Nic but I added pockets.
I don't think you need to add any embellishments to the bubble page because the bubbles would be hard to work with... One thing you might try if you really want to add something is add like a clear button(s) on the pictures or some where else on the page to add a 3d element to the page - but I don't know if it would really be worth the hastle...
On the texas page, I like how you dropped the "x," It looks really cute - and the chopped up pictures are cute - I'll have to take a look at the tutorial.
Post a Comment