Friday, October 9, 2009

What a Year!

The other day I decided I was going to just start with 2009 and scrapbook this year. When I went to look at pictures I realized what an incredibly busy year it has been! Three new babies, a graduation and extra trips here and there in addition to visits home by various families members! And we still have Girl's weekend, a trip to Texas, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's, or as I prefer to call it, Fondue Day! That way we can have it anywhere close to January 1st. The fact that we have about a hundred pictures per event was a little daunting! I began by cleaning up my files and then I got to work having fun! I feel so incredibly blessed! I have a great life!
Here are two pages I did of Heidi. They are meant to be side by side, so use your imagination!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute mom!! You are awesome!!

Nichole said...

soooooo cute, i like the way the photos look like they are curled a litle. was that an element you had or did you do it you self? if so, how? i really like these pages! i will probably copy them! : )

Jan W. said...

Thanks! It was actually an element that I used. I have tutorials that tell how to do it, but mine never look that good. But I'll hunt down the tutorial and send it to you if you want.

Mrs.Goates said...

Very cute mom! I like the "Welcome." Was that an alpha set or did you make them? Very cute!

Jan W. said...

I made the letters. I used a bold font (can't remember which one), merged the pocka-dot paper with the letters. Duplicated the text layer, put a stroke outline on the duplicated letters and then nudged that layer down and over. Does that make sense?

Kristi said...

Ok - very cute. Love the journaling in the flowers. Someday the hints and tutorials will make sense to me. :o)

Wendy Jean said...

Cute, Jan! You keep working on those pages and I'll use them to fill in the missing parts of my album. :)