Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Costumes

Ok - so here are two of the costumes I made this year for Halloween.  I don't know why I do this - I really don't like Halloween - but I love the way the costumes turned out....
Pirate Sierra

We forgot the earrings and eye patch in the first picture, and the hat in the second...

Pippi Longstocking (aka Lyndsey)

I'm glad they turned out - since I didn't really have a pattern for them. I had my doubts from time to time - especially on Lyndsey's dress. Sierra's pirate shirt had short sleeves, and Lyndsey's dress and bloomers were actually from a pattern for a pair of pj's - I adjusted the shape and length of the shirt and turned the pants into bloomers.  Sierra has bloomers on too - but you can't see them in the picture.  I actually had a pattern for those - I just had to adjust the length.

2 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

Very cute! Love the hair - can't wait to see the pirate family!

Jan W. said...

Such cute, cute costumes! Wish I had been here to see them in person! Good job, Kristi!