Kenzie's preschool is having a silent auction and was asking for donations. I decided I wanted to make something. I thought about coloring bags, like
this. I've seen them around for awhile, and even bought fabric to make them once before, but my concern has always been accidental crayon marks on walls, clothes etc because of the exposed crayons. In searching for other ideas, I kept coming across "coloring wallets" and almost all referred me back to a pattern by
jcasa. I knew I could probably figure it out, but figured I'd save myself the time and just get the pattern. These were so easy and quick. I made 2 for the preschool
And then made one for Kenzie and Sierra (the pics are the ones for the school - I haven't gotten pics of Kenzie's and Sierra's.) I love them - and wish I'd thought of them before. They are small enough to throw in my purse or if I still had one, a diaper bag. And it is a good thing the Dollar store sells stickers - Kenzie has already gone through all of hers. In Kenzie's I put 12 mini-colored pencils.
And because Kenzie is growing too fast, I used this
tutorial to make Selena (Kenzie's name for her)
(more pics on my other
blog)
1 comment:
The girls have a crayon holder that their aunt gave them that rolls up with 36 crayons... the crayons don't fall out - but I love how yours has a notebook and pad of paper too.
Post a Comment