Monday, March 21, 2011

re-purposing and up-cycling...


If you are like me, and follow any of the many, many sewing/crafting websites, you have probably heard about re-purposing and up-cycling.  I have liked some of the projects I've seen (some not so much), but haven't tried any. Until now. 
Kenzie has this outfit
that I bought after Christmas, it was marked down because it was part of Target's holiday line. She has worn it a couple of times, but wouldn't wear it anymore because it "doesn't have a skirt or dress."

So using this tutorial, and this shirt...
(I got it a couple of years ago from Walgreens as part of a 5 for $10 deal - the YW were decorating t-shirts - but I only needed 4 for them - so I grabbed this one that is way too long thinking SiSi could decorate it and make a nightgown - never happened.)

...I made this

I took me about 30 minutes (but probably 10 of that was re-threading my Serger) and now Kenzie loves the outfit and told me "you are the bestest greatest mommy ever!!!"
Now to go tame that hair so she can go to school. 
That will probably take longer than making the skirt :o)

1 comment:

Mrs.Goates said...

Cute! T-shirt dresses are seriously so easy. Nice to make an outfit that your kids will actually wear.