Monday, March 21, 2011

I guess I can't win them all...

So I had this part of the t-shirt left from my last project...
And the same blog had this tutorial and this one so I thought I'd try to make Sierra a dress.
This is my first attempt. It's ok. But I forgot how much Sierra has slimmed down in the last few months. So it is kind of big. Here is my attempt to make it fit a little better.
The picture makes it look better than it is. The pink part ties in the back, so we can tighten it up some. But short of starting over with a t-shirt that actually fits her, it is the best I can do. Since it is just a "play" dress, I don't know whether I will or not. 
Luckily, a couple of weeks ago, she got one of my projects that "worked"
I made her this skirt. We went to "Eight is Great" for church, and they had the chairs marked for each child with the sash that Sierra is wearing. She was practicing her "beauty queen" wave.

3 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

Yea, the second one is definitely better. I need to make me some skirts for the summer apparently - I'll need to take some notes from you.

Unknown said...

Sierra looks so grown up in that last picture, almost didn't look like her!! They just need to stop growing!!

Jessica said...

I'm with Wendy. I am alway in awe at how tall your kids are. Kind of trips out the brain a little to see Sisi and think to yourself that she's going to be turning eight this year, but wait she can't be because she's so tall :)