Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baby Shower gifts...

Kaylee's guitar teacher is having a baby in a couple of weeks, so Kaylee and I picked out some fabric and I did a few sewing projects...

She is having a baby girl - and naming her Violet (so cute). I made this bag based on one I had for Mackenzie - I loved it - it is the perfect size for what I needed. And now Kenzie loves to use it. If she asks to bring a toy when we are heading out - I say "does it fit in your bag?". It is still the perfect size - it holds a small toy or notebook and pencil, a snack and a drink. She can't really get enough in there to make it too heavy for her to carry.
We all loved the way it turned out. I might need to make me and a couple of my daughters some similar bags, although maybe not with super ducks.
Mine had pockets all around the inside, but I think this is a better set up - the two pockets on the back and the bottle loops. When you put stuff in pockets all around a bag - it gets really hard to get to the bottom of the bag.
Diapers and wipes holder. I have made these before, but I had lost the pattern I made up - so luckily Kevin found the original one that I had bought and I was able to make a new pattern. Although, when we went to buy the plastic wipe container to put in it - they don't sell them anymore (that we could find). But it still worked with the travel size wipes package.
I found the pattern for these burp rags here.  I didn't really want the ragged look this time - partly because I wasn't using flannel for both sides (they do have brown flannel on the back). I just used some bias tape I had instead.  I really liked the size/shape of these - and will probably make them again as gifts.
This is one of the those car seat tents/covers. Jessica made one for Ellie, too. Not having a car seat to try it out on, I just googled them and came up with several tutorials - I took what I liked from several and came up with this. Maybe after she has the baby, I'll be able to get a picture of it in "action". (The back is the little ducky fabric. The fabric is by Debbie Mumm and also comes in a blue version. Our favorite is the little ducky showing its muscles - I think you can see it in the bag pic.)

1 comment:

Mrs.Goates said...

That's one spoiled Mama! Too much fun Kristi, they are all very cute, I'm sure you will be the rave of the party.