Monday, February 14, 2011

if Kristi finds a deal...

So my kids keep growing, and think they need to keep eating, so I went shopping at Costco.
And if I go to Costco, I have to look at their clothes.
And I found this sweater for $5.00...


And if I get a cute sweater, I have to make a skirt to go with it...


And if you have a cute sweater and skirt, then, of course I need to make a hair "cute" too, using the skills I learned at Girls Weekend...


And I then had to go buy new tights from Target and I just "happened" to find this white shirt for $3.00... So now Mackenzie is totally decked out...

So I just had to ask her to model...

(Not sure why she makes this face when she "models" but it makes me laugh)

So, I was so happy with how the skirt turned out - I didn't have a pattern, but knew how I wanted it to look, and it actually went together pretty much exactly like I was thinking. Usually when I'm making up a pattern, I end up having to unsew a lot to figure it out. Not this time. Although when she wore this to Church the first time, I was walking behind her back to the van afterward, and realized I need to tighten the elastic in the back - it was falling down and so were her tights - so she was showing quite a bit of tush. I have also since re-done the headband twice. The hard head band it started on didn't stay on Kenzie's head and bumped up against her glasses too much, so I switched it to a fabric head band with elastic on the bottom, but the elastic didn't stretch as much as I thought it would so it was too tight and kept trying to slide off the back of Kenzie's head, so it is now ribbons like some headbands we bough a few years ago, but I can't remember what they are called so here is one last picture...

One of the original headbands is shown on the bottom - they really are the best headbands - I've even worn them and I HATE headbands. The original has velcro circles on the inside to help keep it in place. I tried that on Kenzie's but when I tried it on her, the velcro got really stuck in her curls, so once I managed to get it unstuck from poor Kenzie's head, I took off the velcro off.
Especially after Kenzie told me "duh - velcro and crazy curls - not a good combo." I had it coming.

Since I made skirts for the older three for Christmas, I guess I need to figure out a skirt for Sierra. I don't think Tyler will mind if I don't make him one. :o)

3 comments:

Mrs.Goates said...

I have really resisted the temptation of going to the store to buy accessories to match the girls' valentine skirts... Things always snowball like that for me. I like the headband... Maybe I should make one for the girls... Oh wait... Shoot. And thus it begins.

Jan W. said...

I love the outfit and love the model. Her model picture with the mouth puckered cracks me up too.

Unknown said...

Awesome and Kenzie is definitely a cute model.