Friday, June 26, 2009

Lucy's Dance Recital

Here's the corrected one. Thanks, Kris, for the lesson on editing.

So here's my day's work! We went to Lucy's Dance Recital last weekend and she was adorable. I followed the June tutorial in Digital Scrapper's for the "Type Overlay." It was fun, but time consuming. I think it turned out o.k. though. As always, I had a hard time laying out the pictures I had and adding embellishments, but for the most part I'm happy with it. I'm done with it, at least.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it turned out very cute!! Great job.

Kristi said...

It think if really cute too - I can see why the type overlay is time consuming - but it looks really cool.

Mrs.Goates said...

Cute page - I haven't looked at the tutorial, but I tried doing the word overlay thing once on my own and gave up because it took too much time, maybe I'll try it again...

Just one little thing - are the shadows different on the two pieces of string? One looks a lot darker than the other - did you mean to do it?

Other than that I think your embellishments always look so much better than mine, I feel like mine are just an after thought, I can never make them seem like part of the page... but I'll keep trying, maybe one day I'll be as cool as you :)

Nichole said...

Looks great! That's one less page I have to do! Thanks!!!!

Jan W. said...

Thanks everyone! Good catch, Annie. I had duplicated the string and had them both with the shadow, but didn't like it, so cleared it, forgetting that it was two pieces and not one. I changed it, but is there anyway to edit this post and put the corrected one in?

Kristi said...

mom- there is a way to edit it and put the new one in - there should be a little pencil at the bottom of your post - right next to the comments - click on that - it will take you back to the page where you write your post - just upload the new page and either delete the old one or leave it so we know it changed and push publish again. or from the Dashboard page you can choose "edit post" from the menu (right next to "new post") and it will take you to a list of posts, pick the one you want to edit and then edit away...