Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Birthday Sweaters

Kenzie had been enjoying wearing several of her sister's sweaters that I had knit through the years.  With her birthday coming up, I decided I'd knit a new one for her.  I had to add about six inches to the pattern and wondered if Kristi had given me the wrong measurements.  I didn't really question her measurements.  She's sewn and measured enough that I was pretty sure they must be right, but it looked sooooo long.  

Since Lucy's birthday was very near to Kenzie's, and I hadn't knit her a sweater for a long time, I decided to make her this hoodie.  This pattern and yarn about drove me nuts, but I did like it when it was all sewn up.  I was a little disappointed because it just fits and she doesn't have much room to grow.  I might just have to make her another one, just cuz.

But what I'm really "Showing Off" is two of my very cute granddaughters.  They would look adorable no matter what they were wearing.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Kenzie LOVES her sweater! Thanks!!!

Mrs.Goates said...

So cute mom. I love the dusters like kenzie's... I wish I hadn't gotten rid of them after high school now that they are coming back. I love Lucy's too. And I have knit with yarn like that. It's got its upsides, you can't see the stitches, but its downsides- you can't see the stiches.

Mrs.Goates said...

Just looked closer - different than what I thought - I thought it was the fuzzy yarn, but it's striped. You and striped yarn mom. Love/Hate relationship.