Here is my quilt top, so far. I have it all pieced but am trying to decide the border. I had planned to do a small 1 inch blue border then a 4 inch border of a brown and blue print. That will add 5 more inches to each side. Do you think that will be too long?? I wanted it long enough to cover my down comforter and mattress, but now I am wondering if it is too long.
Left side of the bed.
Right side of the bed.
One of the blocks up close.
From above the bed.
From the foot of the bed.



4 comments:
That is beautiful Wendy - I LOVE the colors. Yea, I think 5 inches on both sides might be too much. Maybe just a little smaller - 3" would be better. Wow. You almost make me want to start quilting Wendy... Almost.
Oh - I think I'd like the longer sides - hide more stuff under the bed and be more even with the big blocks. But it looks great so what ever you decide will be good.
I think 5 inches might be a bit too much too. But what do I know? It looks really good by the way, you are amazing!
I love it! Love the colors and I think about a 3.25 inch border would be about perfect! That way you get the full pattern of that material! :)
(Did I remember that right? I was pretty tired when you told me.)
Post a Comment