Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lesson Learned - again.

I finished Elaine's nightgown that I've been working on - off and on for since Christmas.  Ironically the part I kept postponing doing (for like over a month) were the sleeves because I didn't understand the directions... That would be because I was looking at the wrong directions.

But my biggest lesson of this sewing experience.  Measure.  Elaine was asleep when I wanted to start this project - so I just went with Size 4, figuring, well if she doesn't fit in it now - she'll fit in it later.  True statement... but I think it's going to be at least a year before it fits.  Lesson learned.   Oh and maybe look how the bias tape is going to be used before picking out the color...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It is cute. Where is the bias tape?

Mrs.Goates said...

under the arms and around the neck.

Kristi said...

well it turned out cute - Kenzie could use a nightgown ;} I'll have to get the pattern info from you again - add it to my list of things to do...and as a general rule - sewing patterns run BIG - but you are right - measure either the person or something you know would fit them because every once in while you get the odd sized pattern

Jan W. said...

It is very cute! Good job! Lessons learned are good! Especially when they still result in something that can and will be used.....even if it is a little later than expected.