Saturday, September 5, 2009

Something for Izzy

So yesterday was just a work day at school so after taking Izzy to her vet appointment (she is now a whopping 3 lbs. 10 oz.!!) I just took her with me to work. She was very good, played with a colleagues standard poodle "Claire" and hung out while I met with some other teachers. Anyway we decided to go get something for lunch and I could not just leave her at school so she came along. We went to Subway, and being concerned that they might have a problem with that I stuck her in my purse while we ordered and got our food. She was so good, not a peep, just sat there with her head peeking out the top!! So that made me decide I needed to make her a bag for traveling, so she did not need to sit on my wallet, etc. This is what I came up with... it is a combination of other bags I have made before, but with super stiff interfacing called Peltex (thanks for the tip, Kristi). I put sherpa inside to make it cozy for her and a large pocket outside for my wallet and her leash.
Isn't she cute!!





4 comments:

Kristi said...

very cute. glad the peltex worked out. can't wait to see it in person so I can feel how stiff it is.

The Goates Herd said...

Good job Wendy! Very cute! Elaine keeps saying "it's Izzy"!

Do you think I could fit Joyce in one of those?

Jan W. said...

How cute, Wendy! And very creative! Izzy is so lucky to have a such a creative and thoughtful mom!

Nichole said...

Yeah for Izzy, I knew you would have to get a dog purse eventually! : ) Good thing Izzy is cute enough to deserve one!!! Good job on making it!