Friday, September 25, 2009

No stinkin' plastic pumpkin for my kid!


I have a good friend who is in my knitting club. She really seems to love to knit... Just not purl. She is also an ambitious knitter - probably about once a week she calls me with her next brilliant idea for what she wants to knit. Her latest one was a Trick or Treat bag. In hopes that she would be able to finish it, I thought, Okay lets get really big needles and that way it will go fast. And man was I right - it took me about 3 hours to finish this for Elaine - so Halloween - bring it on.
Oh and if you are wondering - it's 4 strands of worsted weight yarn with a strand of funny fur on size 35 needles. Cast on 18, knit st st until you run out of funny fur. Sew sides together to make a square. The handles are just cast on 3 and knit for 12 inches and sew on.
I'm thinking of using white yarn to write on there - Trick or Treat - we'll see if I get that ambitious.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

You should dress Elaine up as a ball of yarn - and then she can take the knitting needles with her - she seems to like them. Cute bag by the way. I feel so silly for just buying them on clearance at old navy 6 years ago and making the kids use the same ones every year (except Kenzie - cause she wasn't born - wonder if she will carry the one I bought for her this year or make one of the older kids trade again...

Mrs.Goates said...

Ha Ha :)

Jan W. said...

Awesome! Those needles are either really big, or Elaine has shrunk! She looks miniature holding those needles! The bag turned out way cute! Good job, as always!