My good friend asked me to take some senior pictures of her daughter. We found a really cool spot to take the pictures, with a great view of Mt. Rainier and a cool barn in the background. Anyways, since I'm not a professional photographer, I wasn't sure what time of day would be best so I thought I should go practice a little before the actual shoot. So I grabbed a volunteer (Lucy) and we headed out. We took the pictures between 7:10 and 7:50, just as the sun was going down. I just did some simple edits in iPhoto. What do you think? Vote for your favorite if you want. And I welcome any feedback.
edit: *I forgot that the x-large pictures don't fit on this blog so you have to click on the picture to see the whole thing.*
#1

#2

#3
#4

#5
#6
#7
#8
This last one is kind of weird, I know. I actually took it on accident, the camera went off as I was putting it down. But for some reason I love this picture! Don't know why, I just do.
8 comments:
Wow Nic! Those pictures look good. I really like the ones with the mountain in the background. The lighting looks good too - not too bright.
Oh - #5 is my favorite.
Yea the only one that seemed a bit off and I'm guessing it was later was the one that got really washed out to the right. You can tell which picture Lucy liked ;)
I love the last picture too - and it is because it is so retro. It looks like an advertisement for the shoes or the jeans.
I love the location though. You should also try the pose where they are leaning up against the old barn.
Annie
I like warmer photos, so I like #7, you might want to check if they like their photos on the black and white side or the warmer side before you edit them all... I'm guessing for senior photos probably on the black and white edgier side.
Tayla loves # 5 and # 6 the most. She also loves # 2 but not with the shadow. So cute! We cant wait!
#3 and #8 are my favorite! I love the accidental picture. So great.
Man, Nic! I love them all. My favorite one of Lucy is # 7, cause I love her sassy little smile that is so her! My favorite one artistically is probably #5, but Lucy looks way too grown up and sophisticated for my little granddaughter...oh wait, she is 9, huh? Please don't let her grow up any more!
Dad has an itouch app that indicates what time the best lighting is. Its called "Golden Hour" You might take a look at that. There is a free version and of course one that you need to pay for.
Love #5 and #7--once again, you're good, and she's darling.
Post a Comment