So I had a "free day" (ok a day when I didn't want to do any of the many things on my to do list, and I had finished all of my has-to-be-done things) so I spend the afternoon sewing. First I made a dress for Sierra. I had actually cut this dress out for Kaylee when she was about the same age as Sierra is now. But like life does, things got crazy (I think it was about the time I had Tyler, or got pregant with Sierra, and we were trying to sell our house and move). I recently found it while looking for some fabric scraps for something, and was surprised that I still had all the pieces, and the pattern envelope with instructions - I've been purging so much lately. Anyway, looking at it I thought it would maybe fit Sierra or Kenzie, so I decided to make it. I had to make a couple of changes, because my tastes must have changed and I no longer liked the original trim fabric and buttons I had purchased to go with it, and I couldn't find the collar piece. I used white ric-rac on the neck and sleeve, and had some white fabric I used for the trim. I also learned how to to a rolled hem with the surger, and loved how easy it made the trim. Now I just want a ruffling foot.
Of course, then Kenzie wanted a dress too. I had purchased this fabric and pattern last year I think (it could have been longer - but it was at least bought for Kenzie). Luckily the pattern had a size that still fit Keznie and I had enough fabric to make the bigger size.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Very cute!!! I Love the one for Kenzie!
Post a Comment