Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cut-Off Bags

My boys wore holes in just about all their pants so I was cutting them off and hemming them the other night. The bottom half of the pants were still good so I hung on to them for a few days while I thought about what I could do with the material. Then it hit me - Bang! Make them into bags for the kids swim gear - goggles, cap, sunblock, etc...

The raw edge from the holey knee became the bottom of the bag. The bottom of the pant leg with the hem became the casing for the shoe lace draw string. The hem already had a hole where it was worn so it was easy to string the lace through. I sewed around the top of the casing to reinforce the worn and thin material so it wouldn't tear when the kids pulled the bag close. Wa-Laa! Three bags took 20 minutes and my kids think they are cool!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kristi said...

very cool! I love getting inspiration like that. And you are being so "green" and what is it "upcycling'?

Nichole said...

That is really cool, good job!

Unknown said...

Very neat!! Great idea

Mrs.Goates said...

Great idea. I bet you could sell them at one of those farmer's markets that instead of selling food they sell handmade "Upcycled" things.

Jessica said...

I love the look on Zack's face "Where'd all the money go?" That's a fun idea!