Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sweater for Max Jones


Here is the sweater vest and booties I made for Max Jones - I had to change the pattern to fit a newborn (the 3 month size was for a 17 inch chest which was bigger than what Joyce had, so I figured it was too big - which it would have been since this looks a bit big on him as is)... but other than that it was straight forward... The hardest thing was making the "easy" booties. I had to do them 4 times before I had two that matched in size and shape (how do people do socks?!). The other hard thing was finding an outfit to match - I ended up buying two, one tiny size and one normal 0-3 month outfit that seems a lot bigger than 0-3 month. I'm starting to think that Sister Fry had the right idea of not making newborn outfits and just going for that one year mark!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Nice Annie!!

Nichole said...

Good job! It is very Cute!

Jan W. said...

Very cute, Annie! It looks like it fits him just fine. We'll have to find a bootie pattern that is consistent. Grandma Tress had a few patterns she used all the time. I think I can find one, but I'm not sure about the other.
Tell Melissa and Marshall they have a pretty cute little guy! Looks like he's cut from the same mold as his brothers!