I just wanted to post a few of the pages that I have done lately. I've been trying out some different techniques, I'll put a short explanation under each page.

On this page I used the custom shape tool to make the green lines in the background. There is a shape that has the diagonal lines and I used it twice and rotated one of the layers 90 degrees. Then I applied some green paper to the layers using alt click. I reduced the opacity a little to make them look more like fabric or ribbon. I also added a shadow. I really liked the way it turned out and I like that it looks like one of those fabric boards with the criss crossing ribbon (do you know what I'm talking about?) I wanted to make it look like the ribbons were woven up and down but couldn't figure out an "easy" way to do it. I thought about going through and deleting the spot where they overlap on some but it was going to take too long. Anyways.... that wasn't so short, I'll try to do better on the next one.

On this one I really wanted to make it look like Noah was coming out of a fire. I remembered that I had taken a picture of a flag burning ceremony at Niko's weblos overnighter. So I went and found the picture and cut out the flame. I think it looks pretty cool.

No special technique here just a cute page. (I copied the layout idea from one of my magazines)

The only thing I remember about this one is that I used the paintbrush tool to make the heart behind "snow." I have a "heart" paintbrush that I used. Sorry, I can't remember what else I did. (I hate that)



6 comments:
These pages are all so cute!
1. the green criss-cross strips turned out really good. It seems like I've seen a tutorial on making them weave, but can't remember where, or maybe I just saw a page like that I liked....Lucy's skates--those are pretty styling. go Lucy!
2. Noah is fire! This page turned out awesome! I love the Noah in the fire and how did you do the fire in the title? Most of all I love our little fireball, Noah! What a ham!
3. Lucy sticker page--I love the layout and the elements you used. What magazines do you have?
4. Snow page--I need to use brushes more often. This is another cute page!
Way to go! I love them all!
The magazine that I like enough to actually subscribe to is "Scrapbooks Etc." Its part of the "Better Home and Garden" Family
They are awesome!! Great job!!
Very cool - love them all - almost enough to maybe start learning to do them myself - almost... Maybe when Kenzie goes to school.
These are great nikki - have you ever thought about entering any of your pages in the contests for scrapbook pages they have?
Wow! You start doing my kid's books any time :)
Post a Comment