Monday, February 25, 2013

Something that works... for us

We have  a little chore chart that has been working, so I thought I would pass it along... It took me pouring over ideas from pinterest as well as thinking about what works for the girls, so I'm glad it is paying off.  Plus I wanted to show off the tithing jars from Girls' Weekend.  Sorry, not the best pictures... It was a VERY sunny day here.




This is how it works - every week the girls get a chart that looks like the above one.  It has 3 Family Jobs - ones they need to do just because they are part of our family and one "Blue Job" - this is one they can do for 50 cents... I know we are big time spenders, but since the girls think they are rich when they get 50 cents, I say lets hold on to that as much as possible.  Plus, I usually do the blue jobs with them. They can't earn the money from the blue job, unless they do the all the yellow jobs first.  At the end of the week, on Sunday morning we have a little meeting at the kitchen table.  We go over their chart and see how they did.  If they get all their yellow jobs they get invited to "Mom and Dad's Game night" and get to stay up late on Sunday and have a special treat.  For every blue job they get .50 cents.  We then "pay tithing" by putting 10% in their jar.   Finally we show them their new charts and talk about what happens if they fill in the chart. It has been really interesting to watch how much better Elaine has gotten with money since we have started... And how much better their attitudes about working around the house have improved. 

Yesterday Elaine got to come to Mom and Dad's game night by herself, she was really proud.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It's been a very long time since I've been on this blog. This is a GREAT idea. I may just copy it! I've been looking around for some chore chart ideas. Thanks for sharing!