So - no surprise - but my girls really need new longer skirts. Their school was having Spirit Week with an "animal day" - so we used that as an excuse to make some animal print skirts. And to use some of my "pins."
Lyndsey used a tutorial for a "5-minute skirt" to sew her skirt herself for one of her value experiences. It is the first thing she has really sewn, and although she still needs some more lessons if she is ever going to sew anything by herself, it was a good project for her to get over her fear of the serger and sewing machine on. I did have to help her with sewing on the fold over elastic - but all in all she did great. The only issue we had with the tutorial is that Lyndsey has no hips - so the build in ease to fit "over her booty" was a little too much - but it was easy enough to take it in a couple of inches. We even added a lining - so basically she sewed 2 skirts!
I used the tutorial here to dye the elastic for her skirt khaki. It was relatively easy - and I was very pleased with the results. The possibilities of what I can do with colored elastic are pretty exciting :o)
I made this skirt for Kaylee - using this tutorial. I sewed the pleat down about 8 inches to give it a more fitted look. I totally over-estimated how much fabric I would need - so a couple of more zebra skirts maybe seen around here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I like!!
Very cute! They need some of the animal print tights I've seen to go with them;)
When do you want to make mine :) They turned out adorable!
Post a Comment